Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Heart Rate Monitor

I had a lot of fun with my Mom today. I was able to finally pick up "Fall to Pieces" by Mary Forsberg Weiland the ex-wife of Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots (my favorite band). I used my gift card that I got for my Birthday. We had fun poking around Barnes and Noble for awhile. We both love to read, although my sister and I could open our own bookstore with all the books we own. We out read our Mom for sure. Ha!!

I also was able to finally show my Mom the health food store by my house that I've been telling her about for awhile. She LOVED it. She bought me some organic coffee that I can't wait to brew up tomorrow. It smells like heaven in the package let me tell you.

I'm supposed to see her again tomorrow night with my sister for some more shopping.

My Mom was happy to see my cat, the Siamese, Molly. Molly used to be her cat before she moved to Arizona in 2002.

When I got home I got in my workout. I am really enjoying my treadmill time. I'm working on my running and thinking more and more about getting a heart rate monitor. I've been looking at the Garmin 305. I know some of you have one. What do you all think? My Mom in law likes to get a big gift for Christmas and this is what I am going to ask for this year. I want something that is going to tell me how many calories I am burning off because we all know that the treadmill is LYING when it tells me I am burning 600 calories in 60 minutes (I wish). So anyway the running is coming along nicely and I'm really proud of myself.

I have pie and cheesecake to make tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Eek! I can't believe it's nearly Thanksgiving. This year has flown by!!

Off to finish watching "The Biggest Loser".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you're going to go running outside, the Garmin 305 is PERFECT. I love, love, love mine. But if you're only using it for heart rate monitor purposes, go for a Polar! The F6 is a fancy one. You can swim with it and it keeps track of your workouts in there for weeks. Really, seriously awesome.

Carolina John said...

i use the garmin 205 and love it. of course, being a nerd i'm all about some data manipulation. it's a beautiful device.

i'm starting to wear it in races some too just to keep track of my pace/speed. comes in very handy when i have a time goal.