Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Food is fuel

I have been thinking more and more that food is just fuel for my body. Not sure where that mindset came from, but if it helps, so be it.

I've been eating really good over the past few weeks, making my lunches instead of having a sodium filled tv dinner, eating lots of fruits and veggies AND today I realized while bringing the recycle bin out that I only had one 2 liter bottle of soda in there. So not bad.

Have I mentioned how long my nails and hair have gotten over the past few weeks? And my nails aren't just long, but they are hard, too. lol I really need a haircut.

I'm hoping to hit the gym again tomorrow.

Looking forward to "Lost" tonight. I am super tired and hope I don't fall asleep.

The grocery store had my greek yogurt this week. Last week they were out of it and the replacement kind I got was really nasty. I ate it anyway, but I am super glad to have the good stuff back.

So glad the week is almost over! It's been a long week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great way to look at food, as fuel for the body. I mean in a lot of ways eating is like putting gas in your car. If you put the wrong type of gas into your tank your car isn't going to run properly. If you don't eat the proper types of food then your body isn't going to be at it's best.