Thursday, April 23, 2009

reconnected on facebook

I’ve made the decision that I am going to start running again. One because I miss it and two because I want to run a 5K. Watching Kristin on “The Biggest Loser” the other night totally inspired me. Last night I picked up the latest issue of “Runner’s World” and read it from cover to cover and really feel the itch to run again. Now I know at 253 pounds I’m pretty heavy to be running but I don’t care. So tonight I am planning on hitting my treadmill and working on my running.

Here is my thing. Those of you that are running and run at the gym on the treadmill and are not exactly small, do you get looks from people? I mean I don’t really CARE but I don’t want to warrant any crazy looks because people think I’m nuts for running at this weight.

Running was something I really threw myself into at one point and loved it. I want that again and I’m envious of a lot of you for the running you are doing. I’ve NEVER run outside, always on a treadmill, but to me it was pure heaven and totally burned away a lot of stress (and fat).

I am pretty sure I’m going to gain this week. I’m not excited about it but I deserve it.

Last night the hubby and I ran into a girl I went to high school with. I haven’t seen her in about 12 years or so. We have reconnected on facebook but I haven’t seen her in years. It was really cool and she even invited me and the hubby over to her house this summer to swim in her pool. She teasingly said “If you don’t mind this in a bathing suit” and pointed to herself and I laughed, saying “Yeah and look at this”. She used to be rail thin in high school and now not so much. But she is happy and doesn’t care, which sometimes I wish I could be. I told her I was so going to come swim in her pool, especially since she said she has a big German Shepard that loves to swim with people.

SWF coworker had to call me today. While she’s on vacation. Ugh. Lame!

Swamped again at work. So glad tomorrow is Friday.

Looking forward to “Grey’s” tonight.

3 comments:

purple_moonflower said...

You sound like me. I also went out and got a copy of Runner's World and a Women's Running magazine. I did my first jog/walk in public this week. I didn't care, even though I know stuff was all jiggling around. I have to make sure the girls are all contained though. I do intervals, because I'm also pretty heavy right now - 259 lbs, so I try not to push it because of my knees and ankles. I'm just building myself up. :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome job with the decision to start running again. I know what you mean Kristin also totally inspired me too. Have you signed up for your 5K yet? I'm training for my first 5K which will be in September. I do run on the treadmill at the gym, well in between walking that it, and as far as looks I personally don't even pay attention to that, and if someone has a problem with a women my size running on the treadmil they can kiss off, lol.

Anonymous said...

Go for it! People at the gym are honestly only concerned with their own workout and how fabulous they are.