Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My own personal Hedy Carlson

Have you seen "Single White Female"? You know the movie where Bridge Fonda takes on a new roommate, Jennifer Jason Leigh? And then she sort of starts copying her and trying to be just like her?

Well my coworker is creeping me out like that.

Now you know I've talked about how she copies me. Like last year when I was on a big waffle with strawberries kick for breakfast and after a week of eating that she suddenly was eating the same thing. Or in 2007 when I joined LA Weight Loss and she joined like 2 days later. Or how she's currently eating cereal for breakfast every day because that has been what I've been having. Well she's been saying for awhile that she wants to get her hair cut and layered, like mine. Now that she got it cut she hates it. I told her that I bought my sister a movie for her birthday and then today my coworker told me she bought the same movie for her. Which I already bought and told her about 2 weeks ago when I ordered it. Now she wants a blackberry because I have been saying I want one. Or how she had to go out and buy "The Secret Life of Bees" which I was reading at the time (mine cost me $2.50 hers was $15.00). There are a few other strange things that I can't remember but it really creeps me out.

As long as she stays away from my husband I guess I'm fine, right? I'm still waiting for her to join my gym and then show up when I'm working out and pretend that she didn't know.

Yes, I should be at the gym right now but I'm not. And that is because my angioedema is acting up. It started this afternoon (after my post) and now my whole bottom lip is swollen. I don't mind if my fingers swell, my toes, my foot, my arm, my chest, stomach, whatever. But when it's on my face I'm very self conscience about it and don't like to go out in public. But I did hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. Not as much as I wanted to but it was something.

I've off to watch "The Biggest Loser".

5 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Okay, I'm totally going to hell for this, but I'd start dropping hints on really bizarre stuff, just to see her do them/buy them. But I'm kinda mean that way, LOL!!!

Sammy Sue said...

Whoa! That girl sounds creepy!

Tamzin said...

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Tammy said...

It is creepy, yes. The poor thing, really. She has a nasty identity crisis. Is she very old? Does she have a clue who she even is yet?

Good point about her not going after your hubby! ;)

Brianna said...

I have angioedema too! Mine is from allergies, and it's gotten a lot better with age. I missed TONS of high school because my eye would be swollen shut, or my lips would be all enlarged and I looked like a freaking monster! I have only had the eye thing happen once in the last 2-3 years, but I do get the lip swelling a lot, especially when it's super windy and there's lots of pollen out (like right NOW in NC). I take zyrtec daily and that helps a lot. Glad to know someone out there can relate to the self-consciousness that it brings!

Weird about your coworker. Maybe she just has a really boring life.